1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information means any information about an identifiable individual. Anonymous data means data that is not associated with or linked to any individual’s personal information or will not easily permit the identification of individuals (“Anonymous Data”). FLY CROWN does not consider personal information to include Anonymous Data. The types of personal information that we may collect include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your address;
- your telephone number;
- your email address;
- your payment information;
- your IP address;
- the type of device(s) you use to access our Site;
- log information such as details of how you used our Site.
- photographic identification, if required to confirm your identity; and
- personal information you give us that we did not request (such as personal information you voluntarily put into an email to us).
2. PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, use and disclose your personal information in order to provide you with our Site and so that you may purchase our Products. We also collect, use and disclose your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and as otherwise may be permitted or required by applicable laws. We will only use the personal information that we collect for the purposes for which it was collected. We collect your personal information for the following purposes and in accordance with applicable laws:
- to provide you access to our Site;
- to verify your identity;
- to establish and maintain commercial relations with you, including fulfilling your orders through our Site;
- to respond to questions that you send by email or through our Site;
- to contact you about the Products you have purchased, including notifying you about updates or to send you any Products you have purchased from us;
- subject to applicable law, to notify you about other products, services and events which may be of interest to you;
- subject to applicable law, to provide you with newsletters and articles;
- to customize the appearance of the Site displayed to you;
- to track behavioural information on the Site to serve similar content upon future visits;
- to improve the Site and help us develop new products, services, apps, tools and Site features;
- to support our business functions such as internal business processes, marketing and advertising; and
- to meet any legal or regulatory requirements.
3. WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us by using our Site. For example, we may ask you to provide personal information if you:
- use our Site;
- purchase a Product on our Site;
- register, update or create an account on our Site;
- sign into your account;
- send us a question or comment by email or phone;
- participate in our contests;
- register to receive newsletters, articles and updates about our Site; and
- otherwise participate in features of our Site that ask for personal information.
4. LIMITING COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
5. USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may generate Anonymous Data from personal information collected through the Site by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to an individual. Such Anonymous Data includes, but is not limited to, information we collect from your use of our Site. We may use this Anonymous Data and aggregated data for any reasonable purpose subject to applicable laws and disclose such data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- when necessary to protect our safety, property or other rights, our representatives, customers and users of the Site, including to detect and prevent fraud;
- with your consent; or
- when otherwise required or permitted by law.
6. DATA PROCESSORS IN OTHER COUNTRY
As discussed above, we may engage Third Parties to perform certain services on our behalf and to otherwise assist in the purchase of our products by you through our Site. These Third Parties may store, process and transfer personal information on servers located outside of Canada in jurisdictions whose data protection laws may differ from those of Canada, such as the United States of America. As a result, personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to the laws in those jurisdictions. For example, information may be shared in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts and law enforcement officials in those countries. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require our Third Parties to maintain protections on personal information that are equivalent to those that apply in Canada.
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
8. PROVIDING PAYMENT INFORMATION
We use Third Parties to process transactions through our Site. We use commercially reasonable efforts to select an appropriate company to maintain the confidentiality and security of your payment information. At present, when you pay for our Products on our Site, your payment will be processed by Stripe Inc. (“Stripe”). Our Site is hosted on BigCommerce’s platform and as such, your personal information is stored on Stripe’s servers. When paying for our Products, Stripe will collect payment information from you, such as your credit card numbers and expiration dates and any other personal information necessary to process your payment.
Fly Crown and Stripe will send emails to you regarding the processing of your online payment. Your use of Stripe is governed by the agreement between you and Stripe. If you have any questions or concerns about your payment information or your agreement with Stripe, please contact Stripe at www.stripe.com.
9. COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY
As you interact with this Site, we may use automatic data collection technology and services that record and collect information that identifies your computer, tracks your use of this Site and collects certain other information about you and your surfing habits. This data collection technology may include cookies, web beacons and other similar devices on this Site to enhance functionality and navigation for our visitors.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on the hard drive of your computer so that your computer will “remember” information when you visit a site. Web beacons and tags are small strings of code that are used in conjunction with a cookie and allow us to record activity on our Site. Internet tags, graphic tags and similar web beacon type functions allow us to count the number of users who have visited a particular web page or to access certain cookies. We may use web beacons on this Site to count users and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Being able to access our cookies allows us to personalize this Site and improve your experience at our Site. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened. Information tracked through these mechanisms includes, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; (iii) the pages of the Site a user visits; and (iv) other sites a user visited before visiting our Site.
We may also employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to collect information about your use of, and activities on, our Site for our use but also for use by third parties that serve advertisements about Fly Crown on other sites you may visit. For instance, we may use Third Party programs/services, such as AdSense or AdWords run by Google Inc. (“Google”), to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These Third Party programs/services may collect information about your visits to our Site. In addition to the information about your visits to our Site, Third Parties may also use the information about your visits to other sites to target advertisements for services available from Fly Crown.
You can set your internet browser up so that you are notified when cookies are stored. You can decide in each individual case whether you want to accept cookies, or you can refuse to accept any cookies. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may be restricted in how you are able to use our Site. You can delete cookies that are already stored on your hard disk at any time. You will find more details on how to do this in the operating guide for your Internet browser program.
10. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS
Our Site uses third party analytics services such as Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google LLC. (“Google”).
We also use the cookies to carry out frequency assessments, page usage assessments and marketing assessments. For these assessments, we use this cookie information without a link to your personal information, so it is completely anonymous.
We maintain reasonable technical, physical and administrative security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access. Any personal information that you provide to us is exchanged on a secured server. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
We take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account on our Site, however, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username, password and any other account information. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that our employees are aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information and that unauthorized persons do not gain access to personal information that we have disposed of or destroyed.
12. INDIVIDUAL ACCESS AND ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to your personal information which we may hold by contacting us at the contact information set forth below, and we will respond within the time periods provided for under applicable laws. We will need to verify your identity before providing you with the personal information we hold about you. There is no cost for such access request unless you require copies of records. We may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information if the information cannot be separated from the personal information of others, cannot be disclosed for reasons of security or commercial confidentiality, or is protected by legal privilege. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will advise you of the reasons access is being denied, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
You may request to update and change your personal information at the contact information set forth below. We will endeavour to correct or complete any personal information which you advise us is inaccurate or incomplete. Where appropriate, the amended information will be transmitted to third parties having access to such information.
13. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children and we do not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If a child has already provided us with personal information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
14. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
We comply with Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL) and we will not send you electronic communications in contravention of this law. As part of registering your account with us, you may have also opted in to receive email communications from us. If you opted-in to receive such communications, we may use the information to: communicate with you regarding our Products, services and promotions; provide you with other information that you request; and/or improve our Product and service offerings.
You will always have the opportunity to "unsubscribe" from receiving any of our e-mail or other communications at any time and we will ensure that our e-mails include instructions on how to unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive future e-mails from us. We provide an on-going opportunity to unsubscribe or opt-out of contact by us by accessing our Site or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. HOW TO CONTACT US
- see your personal information that you have already sent us so that you can correct, update or delete it from our files;
- if your child under 13 has used this Site and sent us personal information, delete that personal information from our files;
- ask that we not send you electronic communications or otherwise contact you; or
Please contact us at email@example.com, and we will get back to you promptly.